Sunday, June 19, 2016

Whitewater Dory

 I took the old carpet off which turned out to be a big project. It just would not work here in the southwest because the rivers we run here are muddy sometimes.


                                          Filled in pop rivet holes.


                                                          Put on a new eyelet.


                                                             Took off this eyelet


                                                         and put this one on.


                                         I built his adjustable foot brace.

                          Sanded down the boat, etched it and treated it with alodine.



                    Then I got my old friend Allis  Chalmers  to help me turn her over



                                              This is how I turn my boats over.




And this is how she turned out. She is named after a rapid covered over by Lake Mead.

No comments: